So a few days ago I posted my moms steak recipe served with rice and plantains. Although I love my rice and plantains the best way to eat that steak is with some Yuca! I remember my mom making her steak in sauce with some Yuca and I would eat all the Yuca with the steak sauce. ( My mouth is watering thinking about it)
So I figured how could I post the steak recipe and not give you the absolute best side dish to go with it ! So here goes this easy peasy yuca recipe…please try not to get addicted 🙂
- 1 1/2 lbs. frozen yuca
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- If you buy frozen yuca it should already be cut into chunks..If buying fresh peel and cut into chunks.
- Place yuca in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover the yuca
- Season water with salt and juice of 1 lime
- Boil for 30 minutes or until fork tender
- Once Yuca is done heat up a separate pan with oil and add onion & garlic, season with a little salt & saute until onions are soft.
- Add yuca to the pan with as much or as little cilantro as you like.
- Saute until golden brown stirring occasionally (make sure it doesn’t burn)
- Serve immediately & enjoy ! This is best with moms steak sauce but can be a side dish with just about any meat you like.