Hey Ya !!! My daughter recently asked me if she could try shrimp ( I don’t cook seafood because hubby is allergic). However, I love me some shrimp so I jumped at the opportunity!!! I had to sit and think of how to make her these shrimp & realized this is a great time to put my favs together. Lemon, garlic, cilantro and shrimp I can’t even begin to explain how much I love these ingredients ( It will take forever). So here I share this quick and flavorful shrimp dish with you all. Feel free to tweak this to your liking..either way you will love & devour it I promise!
You Will Need
- 15-20 shrimp or as many you need to feed your family
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp of chopped cilantro ( or more if you love it like I do)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt,pepper & cayenne pepper
- Heat pan (cast iron skillet if you have one) on low-medium heat .
- Clean & peel shrimp (I took the tails off for my daughters sake) season generously with salt,pepper & cayenne pepper (remember this is spicy so be careful with it unless you love super spicy food)
- Pour oil into the pan & put the garlic in & cook for 30 seconds.
- Place shrimp in skillet in an even layer with 1 tsp butter like so
5. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes then flip the shrimp & cook for 2 more mins. until shrimp are pink.
6. Squeeze lemon over shrimp & top with cilantro
7. Toss shrimp to get lemon & cilantro evenly on shrimp.
And you’re done ! Serve shrimp immediately (these should be spicy & lemony & full of flavor)..I made mine with couscous today but you can also serve with rice salad or just pop these bad boys in your mouth by themselves.
Hope you all enjoy!